Create Mobile Friendly Blog With GoMo
Now a Day, mobile technology becomes more advanced. Instead of Pc or Laptop, people likes to surfing internet on their mobile phones. So for webmasters, it is become necessary to make their blogs mobile friendly. There are plenty of plugins available to make WordPress blog mobile adaptable. In most of the plugins, you will find two or three links at footer which cannot be removed. So plugins are not a good way to make blog mobile friendly. Recently, I have read a post about Gomo from adsense blog and decided to make mobile friendly blog. After following simple steps, I have made mobile optimized theme for my blog. So in this article, I will tell how to create mobile website with Gomo.
Gomo is Google initiative service which allows making mobile website and you can get Gomo service free for one year. Gomo have the plenty of mobile themes and within ten minutes you can design mobile themes for your blog.
Features of Gomo:
- Attractive mobile templates with free hosting.
- Free premium service for one year.
- Easy to add mobile Adsense ads.
- You can edit template according to your need.
Steps to create mobile blog:
1. First, visit Google initiative website GoMo.
2. To get started, enter your blog URL and click “Make my Site Mobile”.
3. There are a couple of themes are available, choose any of theme for your website and click “Next”.
4. In “edit site” option, you can change header logo, footer color, comments and many more.
5. To add adsense ads, simply drag the “Google Adsense” widget and drop it into phone. You need to enter publisher Id to display adsense for mobile contents.
6. Now sign up for Gomo account with your email address.
7. To make your mobile friendly blog live, you need to step up a redirect. Simply login your WordPress admin panel and open the header.php file in theme editor. Now paste the given code just below the “head”. Similarly you can set a redirect for other blogging platform like Joomla, blogger etc.,
8. Now your mobile website is ready. Check out your blog from mobile device. You can edit your theme any time with dudamobile account.
You can create mobile friendly website by following these simple steps. So, I think you should try Gomo service. If you are looking for plugins then try Wptouch, mobilepress, mobify and mobile WordPress addition. Just you need to install these plugins to make your WordPress blog mobile friendly. Hope, you have found helpful information. Let me know via comment if you have faced any problem about Gomo.