How Do I Get a Website Name
Basically, domain name is home address for website or blog that ends with .com, .net, .in, .co.uk, .co.in, .ca, .TV and many other extensions. Many other countries specific extensions also available but .com domains are internationally popular and used worldwide for Naming a website. Registration of domain is the easiest task, but lots of people have many misconceptions. Most of newbie thinks that we should buy a domain with the help of internet service provider, but ISP charge extra money for the service. I agree, these service provider make easier to company and individuals to buy a domain. But we can do these things without any service provider and extra fees. So in this article, I am going to give some tips that help you to purchase website name yourself.
How to register a domain name
For registering a domain name, first you have to check domain availability on the internet. Due to popularity of websites, all good domain names are already taken. But some of good free Domain name generator services are exist on the internet that can help you in finding cool domain names. Also, these tools check the domain availability.
After deciding a domain name for your website, registering a domain name is very simple and easy task. Many big domain registrars like Godaddy, namecheap, bigrock, register.com, hostgator and many other big companies are available on the internet. From these companies, you can register domain name for your website or blog at very low price. You can register website name from any registrar because all registrar provide same services. But we should be very careful while choosing web hosting.
Things you should have for domain registration:
- PayPal or credit card.
- Computer or laptop.
- Fast internet Connection.
Procedure of getting domain is the same for all registrars; I am taking example of “Godaddy” for registration. So follow below steps to get website name.
1. Visit any domain registration company and sign up for a new account. Fill out the application form with correct information.
2. Now enter your domain name and select the extension.
3. If the domain name is available, then you can go ahead to next step for registration. Otherwise, try to find any alternate names.
4. If you have any coupon code, you can apply it to get discount. Top companies give huge discount in special occasions. Most of the people bought huge domains in black Friday, New Year and in festival season.
5. At the end, pay your bill using your PayPal or credit card. If you are going to select local domain Registration Company, then you may pay through internet banking or debit card.
6. Still if you have a problem, directly connect the live chat service. Most of the top companies have live chat service. Support team members of company help you step-by-step to get website name.
After following these steps, you will get an email in your email address from company. Now you have to follow the mail instructions to add your domain with your hosting account. Basically you have to make same dns name for both account. Hope you understood the given information.